The Rural Broadband Auctions Task Force and the Wireline Competition Bureau and Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (collectively, “Bureaus”) announced in a Public Notice they will be hosting a webinar about the Mobility Fund Phase II Challenge Process, which seeks comment on detailed proposals for conducting the MF-II Challenge Process.
The webinar is scheduled for November 1, 2017 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, and will cover the following topics:
- Proposed procedures for generating the initial map of areas eligible for MF-II support;
- Proposed procedures for challenges, covering:
- Requirements for provider-approved handsets;
- Requirements for speed tests and response evidence;
- How submitted challenge and response evidence is evaluated by the automated system validations; and
- Information about accessing the challenge process portal.
Information on the webinar, including login and dial-in information, can be found here: https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/events/2017/11/mf-ii-challenge-process-webinar. The webinar will be recorded as well.
The Bureaus also note that participating in the webinar is not a pre-requisite for participating in the proceeding or for applying to bid in the auction, although they strongly encourage applicants to view the event.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.