On January 29, 2019, the FCC released a Public Notice revising the filing and other deadlines following the resumption of normal operations, superseding yesterday’s announcement extending all deadlines to January 30th. Updated filing deadlines are as follows (excluding NORS, DIRS, and auction-related filings):
- Filings that were due between January 3 and January 7, inclusive, will remain due on January 30, 2019.
- Filings that would otherwise be required to be filed between January 8 and February 7 will be due for filing on February 8, 2019.
Separate from the above extensions, the following deadlines relate to certain proceedings:
- ULS Applications and Notifications. All ULS applications and notifications that were due between January 3, 2019 and February 8, 2019 are now due on February 8, 2019. This does not include filings associated with spectrum auctions. All ULS filings held during the shutdown though January 29, 2019 will be considered received on January 29, 2019.
- Informal Consumer Complaints. Written provider responses to informal consumer complaints remain due January 30, 2019.
- Online Public Inspection File. All online public inspection quarterly filings that were to be filed by January 10 and all non-quarterly filings due between January 3 and January 28 are now due February 11. All filings that were made during the shutdown need to be resubmitted to the online public inspection file.
- Carriage Election Notice Modernization. The comment and reply deadlines in this proceeding have been extended to 30 days and 40 days, respectively, after Federal Register publication of the extension notice.
Bureaus and Offices may also set additional filing deadlines different than those specified in this Notice. Additionally, the Notice addresses the following:
- For responsive or reply pleadings, an equivalent extension applies to the due dates to allow for the same amount of time following the comment deadline.
- For statutory deadlines, the Commission will not consider it to be open for filing of documents with statutory deadlines (other than auction-related filings) until Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
- Any STAs that would have expired from January 3, 2019 through January 29, 2019 are extended until February 8, 2019, except to the extent related to the post-incentive auction transition.
- Fee payment due dates for electronic payments scheduled between January 3 and February 7 are extended according to the same schedule above for updated general regulatory filings.
- Transaction shot clocks that were suspended on January 2, 2019 are restarted as of January 29, 2019.
- Tower Construction Notification Systems, E-106 System, and the Antenna Structure Registration System will resume operations on January 30, 2019.
- Broadband Deployment Advisory Committee nominations should be submitted no later than February 4, 2019.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.