On May 13, 2019 the Commission released a Public Notice announcing a free webinar to discuss available resources and best practices for small and rural communications providers regarding network reliability and security.
The webinar will be held from 11:00 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Monday, June 17, 2019.
The webinar will address topics such as:
- A review of updates to the small business cybersecurity planner;
- Best practices that small businesses may implement to protect their communications networks;
- Recommendations from the Final Report of the Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council VI (CSRIC) on how small and rural carriers can transition to Next Generation 911 while minimizing transition risks;
- Recent updates to the FCC’s Network Outage Reporting System (NORS) and to the Disaster Information Reporting System (DIRS) as they relate to small and rural providers;
- A review of updates to the Network Reliability Steering Committee (NRSC) Emergency Preparedness Checklist; and
- The importance of identifying and eliminating potential security vulnerabilities in communications networks and their supply chains, and an overview of the FCC’s proposal to protect Universal Service Funds from being spent on equipment or services from suppliers that raise national security concerns.
The web address, login, and dial-in information will be found on the “Small and Rural Provider Network Resilience Webinar” events page by clicking on the (future) registration link. Registrants will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the event, the password, and the link for the meeting.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.