On July 11, 2019, the Commission released the Public Notice (“Notice”) detailing the procedures for Auction 103, the incentive auction of Upper Microwave Flexible Use Service (“UMFUS”) licenses in the Upper 37 GHz (37.6-38.6 GHz), 39 GHz (38.6-40 GHz), and 47 GHz (47.2-48.2 GHz) bands, which was adopted in the July Open Meeting (AU Docket No. 19-59). Specifically, the Notice outlines the procedures, terms, conditions, dates and deadlines for Auction 103 eligibility and bidding, and provides an overview of the post-auction application and payment processes.
There were no substantial changes made from the draft item to the adopted item.
Important Auction Dates and Deadlines:
- Auction Application Tutorial Available: August 2, 2019
- Short- Form Application (FCC Form 175) Filing Window Opens: August 26, 2019, 12:00 p.m. ET
- Short-Form Application Filing Window Deadline: September 9, 2019, 6:00 p.m. ET
- Prohibition on Certain Communications (Anti-Collusion Rule) goes into effect: September 9, 2019, 6:00 p.m. ET
- Upfront Payments (via wire transfer): October 22, 2019, 6:00 p.m. ET
- Bidding Tutorial Available: No later than November 19, 2019
- Mock Auction: Week of December 2, 2019
- Bidding Begins: December 10, 2019
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.