On January 27, 2021, the FCC announced the Tentative Agenda for the February Open Meeting, scheduled for Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The Tentative Agenda is as follows:
- Presentation on the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program – The Commission will hear a presentation on the creation of an Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. Congress charged the FCC with developing a new $3.2 billion program to help Americans who are struggling to pay for internet service during the pandemic.
- Presentation on COVID-19 Telehealth Program – The Commission will hear a presentation about the next steps for the agency’s COVID-19 Telehealth program. Congress recently provided an additional $249.95 million to support the FCC’s efforts to expand connected care throughout the country and help more patients receive health care safely.
- Presentation on Improving Broadband Mapping Data – The Commission will hear a presentation on the work the agency is doing to improve its broadband maps. Congress directly appropriated $65 million to help the agency develop better data for improved maps.
- Addressing 911 Fee Diversion – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would implement section 902 of the Don’t Break Up the T-Band Act of 2020, which requires the Commission to take action to help address the diversion of 911 fees by states and other jurisdictions for purposes unrelated to 911. (PS Docket Nos. 20-291, 09-14) (FACT SHEET)
- Implementing the Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act – The Commission will consider a Third Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to modify FCC rules consistent with changes that were made to the Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021. (WC Docket No. 18-89) (FACT SHEET)
In addition, on January 26, 2021, Iconectiv filed a letter in the Administration of North American Numbering Plan and related matters, noting its objection to the FCC’s selection for the consolidated administrator of the North American Numbering Plan and Number Pooling.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.