On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (“WTB”) released a Public Notice (DA 21-550) seeking comment on the impact of the global semiconductor shortage on the communications industry. The FCC seeks to better understand the potential impact of the shortage on the industry and Commission-related initiatives. WTB seeks comment on several items, including:
- Nature, extent, and cause of the global semiconductor shortage on the communications sector
- Impacts of the shortage on consumers, enterprise system users, private network operators, and service providers
- Impacts of the shortage on the public interest and Commission priorities and initiatives
- Effects of the shortage on remote learning, telehealth, and other services that have moved online during the pandemic
- Steps the Commission could take to address the current challenges and to prevent future challenges
Comments are due by June 10, 2021.
Reply comments are due by June 25, 2021.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.