On Thursday, June 10, 2021, the FCC announced the Agenda for the June Open Meeting, which is scheduled for 10:30AM on Thursday, June 17, 2021. The Open Meeting will be available on the FCC’s webpage at http://www.fcc.gov/live and on the FCC’s YouTube Channel. The Agenda is as follows:
- Protecting Against National Security Threats to the Communications Supply Chain through the Equipment Authorization (ET Docket No. 21-232) and Competitive Bidding Programs (EA Docket No. 21-233): The FCC will consider a NPRM and NOI that seek comment on steps the Commission could take to secure the nation’s critical communications networks through equipment authorizations and competitive bidding programs. (FACT SHEET)
- Allowing Earlier Equipment Marketing and Importation Opportunities (ET Docket No. 20-382): The FCC will consider a R&O that would adopt changes to the equipment authorization rules by allowing expanded marketing and importation of RF devices prior to certification. (FACT SHEET)
- Improving the Emergency Alert System (PS Docket No. 15-94) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (PS Docket No. 15-91): The FCC will consider a R&O and FNPRM that would implement section 9201 of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2021. This section would improve emergency alerts on mobile phones, televisions, and radios. (FACT SHEET)
- Improving Robocall and Spoofing Input from Private Entities (EB Docket No. 20-374): The FCC will consider a R&O that would implement section 10(a) of the TRACED Act. This section will create streamlined processes through which private entities can alert the Enforcement Bureau about suspected unlawful robocalls and spoofed caller ID. (FACT SHEET)
- Promoting Telehealth for Low-Income Consumers (WC Docket No. 18-213): The FCC will consider a Second R&O that would provide guidance and further instruction to participants of the Connected Care Pilot Program. (FACT SHEET)
- Exploring Spectrum Options for Devices Used to Mark Fishing Equipment (WT Docket No. 21-230): The FCC will consider a NPRM that would initiate a rulemaking proceeding to explore whether to authorize devices that could be used to mark fishing equipment for use on Automatic Identification System channels. This NPRM would satisfy the FCC’s statutory obligations in Section 8416 of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2021. (FACT SHEET)
- Improving Low Power FM Radio (MB Docket No. 19-193): The FCC will consider an Order on Reconsideration of a proceeding that modernizes the LPFM technical rules. (FACT SHEET)
- Enforcement Action: The FCC will consider an enforcement action.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.