On July 29, 2021, the FCC released the Agenda for the August Open Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, August 5, 2021, at 10:30 AM. The meeting will be held virtually and can be viewed on the FCC’s webpage at www.fcc.gov/live or on the FCC’s YouTube channel. The Agenda is as follows:
- Establishing Two New Innovation Zones (ET Docket No. 19-257): The Commission will consider a PN that would create two new Innovation Zones for Program Experimental Licenses and the expansion of an existing Innovation Zone. (Fact Sheet)
- Numbering Policies for Modern Communications (WC Docket Nos. 13-97, 07-243, 20-67; IB Docket No. 16-155): The Commission will consider a FNPRM that would update the Commission’s rules regarding direct access to numbers by interconnected VOIP providers. The proposed rule changes would safeguard the nation’s finite numbering resources, curb illegal robocalls, protect national security, and further promote public safety. (Fact Sheet)
- Appeals of the STIR/SHAKEN Governance Authority Token Revocation Decisions (WC Docket Nos. 17-97, 21-291): The Commission will consider a R&O that would establish a process for the FCC to review decisions of the private STIR/SHAKEN Governance Authority. (Fact Sheet)
- Modernizing Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) Compensation (CG Docket No. 03-123; RM-11820): The Commission will consider an NPRM on TRS Fund compensation methodology for IP Relay service. (Fact Sheet)
- Updating Outmoded Political Programming and Record-Keeping Rules (MB Docket No. 21-293): The Commission will consider an NPRM that would update outmoded political programming rules. (Fact Sheet)
- Review of the Commission’s Part 95 Personal Radio Services Rules (WT Docket No. 10-119): The Commission will consider a Memorandum Opinion and Order on Reconsideration that would grant three petitions for reconsideration of the Commission’s May 2017 Part 95 Personal Radio Services Rules Report and Order. (Fact Sheet)
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.