Good afternoon from Washington, DC! Below you will find TLP’s Weekly Wireless Wrap-Up, your weekly update on the wireless telecommunications regulatory landscape, important wireless decisions, and more! Notably, this week, the FCC announced important deadlines for upcoming filings, including the Form 477 and Regulatory Fee submissions. Here’s your wrap-up:
- Last Friday, September 3, 2021, the FCC released several noteworthy items before the holiday weekend, including:
- A Public Notice announcing the updated Form 477 submission deadlines due to Hurricane Ida. For more information, see our post here.
- A Public Notice seeking comment on the STIR/SHAKEN undue hardship extensions (i.e., small provider, SPC token access and Section 214 discontinuance), and providing implementation verification certification filing instructions for the seven voice service providers that received a STIR/SHAKEN exemption. For more information, see our post here
- A Public Notice seeking comment on Perdue for Senate’s Petition for Declaratory Ruling that requested clarification that use of ringless voicemail (“RVM”) technology falls outside the scope of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). For more information on this Petition and the applicable comment deadlines, see our post here.
- And, for those of you keeping an eye on the C-Band transition, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau released a Public Notice announcing the opening of a limited filing window for amendments to Fixed Satellite Service (“FSS”) final Transition Plans. This window will close September 30, 2021. For more information, see the Public Notice here.
- On Tuesday, September 7, 2021, the FCC announced the FY 2021 Regulatory Fee deadline, which is 11:59 PM EDT, September 24, 2021. For more details on fee filing, please see our post here.
For more information or assistance on telecommunications matters, please contact us.