On February 14, 2022, the FCC published in the Federal Register the Report and Order and the Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (“FNRPM”) on the Affordable Connectivity Program (“ACP”). The Report and Order is effective March 16, 2022, except for the following provisions, which are effective April 15, 2022:
- 54.1802(b), which allows a participating provider to apply the ACP benefit to any residential service plan selected by the eligible household that includes broadband internet access service;
- 54.1804, which sets forth the requirements that participating providers are required to do to participate in the ACP;
- 54.1807(b), which prohibits participating providers from awarding commissions to enrollment representatives, supervisors, or entities operating on their behalf, for ACP enrollments or related matters;
- 54.1808(c)(1)-(2), which specify that participating providers may only receive reimbursement for ACP customers that used their service in the last 30 days and are required to certify that the customer has met the usage requirement or cured a prior non-usage;
- 54.1809(c), which specifies that an ACP subscriber may be de-enrolled from the program if they do not use their service for 30 consecutive days after receiving notice from the provider; and
- 54.1810(a)-(b), which set fort the consumer protection requirements for the program.
Comments on the FNPRM are due on or before March 16, 2022 and reply comments are due on or before April 15, 2022.
For additional information please see previous blog post FCC Releases R&O and FNPRM on ACP.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.