On May 12, 2022, the FCC released the Agenda for the May Open Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 10:30 AM. The meeting will be open to the public virtually through the FCC’s website at www.fcc.gov/live and the FCC’s YouTube Channel. The following items are scheduled for Commission consideration:
- Combatting Illegal Robocalls – The Commission will consider a Report and Order, Order on Reconsideration, and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking addressing foreign-originated and other illegal robocalls from multiple angles. (CG Docket No. 17-59; WC Docket No. 17- 97) (FACT SHEET)
- Expanding Broadband Service Through the A-CAM Program – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on a proposal by the ACAM Broadband Coalition to achieve widespread deployment of 100/20 Mbps broadband service throughout the rural areas served by carriers currently receiving Alternative Connect America Model support, and proposing targeted modifications to the Commission’s rules to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the high-cost program. (WC Docket Nos. 10-90, 14-58, 09-197, 16- 271, RM-11868) (FACT SHEET)
- Modernizing Priority Services for National Security and Emergency Response – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would update and streamline its rules providing priority provision and restoration of service for national security and emergency response users. (PS Docket No. 20-187) (FACT SHEET)
- Updating FM Radio Directional Antenna Verification – The Commission will consider a Report and Order to allow applicants proposing directional FM antennas the option of verifying the directional antenna pattern through computer modeling. (MB Docket No. 21-422) (FACT SHEET)
- Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.