On June 1, 2022, the FCC released the following Agenda for the June 8, 2022 Open Meeting, scheduled for 10:30 am:
WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS: Facilitating Access to Spectrum for Offshore Uses and Operations (WT Docket No. 22- 204).
- SUMMARY: The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on whether changes in the Commission’s rules and policies are needed to facilitate the development of commercial and private wireless networks offshore. (FACT SHEET)
PUBLIC SAFETY & HOMELAND SECURITY: Improving Wireless 911 Call Routing (PS Docket No. 18-64).
- SUMMARY: The Commission will consider a Public Notice to examine recent technological improvements to and deployments of location based routing for wireless 911 calls, as well as steps the Commission could take to help reduce misrouted 911 calls. (FACT SHEET)
MEDIA: Preserving Local Radio Programming (MB Docket No. 03-185).
- SUMMARY: The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding a proposal to allow certain channel 6 low power television stations to continue to provide FM radio service as ancillary or supplementary service under specified conditions. (FACT SHEET)
ENFORCEMENT: Enforcement Bureau Action
- SUMMARY: The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
WIRELINE COMPETITION: Affordable Connectivity Program Transparency Data Collection (WC Docket No. 21- 450).
- SUMMARY: The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on a statutorily mandated annual data collection relating to the price and subscription rates of internet service offerings received by households enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program from participating providers.
- Note that this is a new addition from the items listed for consideration in the Tentative Agenda.
Audio/Video coverage of the meeting will be broadcast live with open captioning from the FCC Live web page at www.fcc.gov/live.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.