On September 1, 2022, the FCC released a Public Notice announcing that bidding had concluded in Auction 108, which auctioned flexible-use geographic overlay licenses in the 2.5 GHz band. Auction 108 raised a total of $419,133,261 in net bids, and $427,789,670 in gross bids, with 63 bidders winning a total of 7,872 licenses. The top five bidders with the largest total gross winning bid amounts were as follows:
- T-Mobile: $304,325,290
- PTI Pacifica: $17,690,000
- TeleGuam Holdings: $16,656,000
- Evergy Kansas Central: $12,744,400
- Cellular South Licenses: $11,861,300
The top five bidders with the largest number of licenses were as follows:
- T-Mobile: 7,156
- North American Catholic Educational Programming Foundation: 107
- Evergy Kansas Central: 54
- LICT Wireless Broadband Company: 46
- Broadband One of the Midwest: 42
Applicants are required to submit their long-form applications and down payments by 6:00 PM Eastern Time on September 16, 2022. Applicants are required to submit final payments by 6:00 PM Eastern Time on September 30, 2022. The Notice reminds applicants that the rules prohibiting certain communications remain in effect until the down payment deadline on September 16, 2022 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time.
The FCC also released a Press Release on the conclusion of the auction.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.