Good afternoon from Washington, DC! Below you will find this week’s Wireless Wrap-Up, your update on the wireless telecommunications regulatory landscape, important wireless decisions, and more! Here is your wrap-up:
- SEPTEMBER OPEN MEETING
- On 9/8, the FCC released the Tentative Agenda for the September Open Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, September 28, 2022 at 10:30 AM. The Commission is tentatively scheduled to consider four items. For more information and to view a copy of the Tentative Agenda see our post here.
- REGULATORY FEES
- On 9/8, the FCC released a Public Notice announcing that fiscal year 2022 regulatory fees are due no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Time on September 28, 2022. For more information and to view a copy of the Public Notice, see our post here.
- On 9/13, the FCC released two items regarding payment of regulatory fees: (1) a Wireless Regulatory Fee Fact Sheet, which explains the 2022 regulatory fee calculations for Commercial Wireless Services; and (2) a Public Notice, which provides information on the process for filing requests for waiver, reduction, deferral, and installment payment of FY 2022 Regulatory Fees due to the coronavirus pandemic. For more information and to view copies of these items, see our post here.
- AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM (“ACP”)
- On 9/8, the FCC released two items regarding fraudulent enrollments of multiple households in the Affordable Connectivity Program (“ACP”) based on the eligibility of a single Benefit Qualifying Person (“BQP”): (1) a Public Notice announcing the implementation of additional measures to strengthen ACP program integrity; and (2) an Enforcement Advisory warning ACP providers against fraudulently enrolling multiple households in the ACP based on the eligibility of a single BQP. For more information and to view copies of the items, see our post here.
- UNIVERSAL SERVICE FUND
- On 9/13, the Office of Managing Director released a Public Notice announcing that the proposed universal service contribution factor for the fourth quarter of 2022 will be .289 or 28.9%. For more information and to view a copy of the Notice, see our post here.
As a heads up, next week, TLP’s Weekly Wireless Wrap-Up will be moving to Thursdays, so check back here next Thursday for your next Weekly Wireless Wrap-Up.
For more information or assistance on telecommunications matters, please contact us.