Good afternoon from Washington, DC! Below you will find this week’s Wireless Wrap-Up, your update on the wireless telecommunications regulatory landscape, important wireless decisions, and more! Here is your wrap-up:
- BLOCKING ILLEGAL TEXT MESSAGES
- On 9/27, the FCC released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on a proposal to require mobile wireless providers to block illegal text messages to consumers and extend STIR/SHAKEN to text messages, among other things. For more information and to view a copy of the item, see our post here.
- SEPTEMBER OPEN MEETING
- This morning the FCC held its September Open Meeting. The Commission considered four items. For more information and to view a copy of the Agenda see our post here.
- NTIA’S MIDDLE MILE GRANT PROGRAM
- On 9/29, NTIA released three blog posts on the Middle Mile Grant Program. The various posts go through the scoring and major sections of the application, giving guidance to applicants on how increase their chances of receiving a grant from the program. Applications for the Middle Mile Grant Program are due on September 30, 2022. For more information and to view the posts, see our post here.
For more information or assistance on telecommunications matters, please contact us.