Good afternoon from Washington, DC! Below you will find this week’s Wireless Wrap-Up; your update on the wireless telecommunications regulatory landscape, important wireless decisions, and more! Here is your wrap-up:
- COMMISSIONER GOMEZ
- On 9/25, the FCC announced that Commissioner Anna Gomez was sworn in as an FCC Commissioner. Commissioner Gomez has also announced the staff that will be joining her in her office. For more information please see the FCC’s announcement on her swearing in here and information on her staff can be found here.
- FCC OPEN MEETINGS
- On 9/26, Chairwoman Rosenworcel announced that she has circulated a proposal to restore the net neutrality rules that will be on the agenda for the October 19, 2023 Open Meeting. A copy of the announcement can be found here. The full Tentative Agenda for the October Open Meeting is expected to be released later today. Check back here next week for more information.
- FCC SPECTRUM HOLDINGS RULES
- On 9/22, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau and Office of Economics and Analytics released a Public Notice seeking comment on AT&T’s Petition for Rulemaking asking the FCC to adopt a mid-band spectrum screen and, more generally, on whether there are other changes to the mobile spectrum holdings rules and policies that should be adopted. For more information and to view a copy of the Notice, see our post here.
- On 9/19, the Enforcement Bureau released an Initial Determination Order against One Owl Telecom Inc. (“One Owl”) for One Owl’s failure to comply with the FCC’s gateway provider call blocking rules and requirements. For more information and to view a copy of the Order, see our post here.
- Earlier this month, the FCC released two orders on the C-Band Relocation Payment Clearinghouse (“RPC”). The first denied AT&T’s Petition for Reconsideration or Clarification, and the second denied Mongoose Works’ appeal of a C-band RPC decision. For more information and to view a copy of the Orders, see our post here.
For more information or assistance on telecommunications matters, please contact us.