On January 6, 2021, the FCC released the Agenda for the January Open Commission Meeting, which will be held on January 13, 2021 beginning at 10:30 AM and can be viewed at www.fcc.gov/live and via the FCC’s YouTube channel. In addition to the five panels announced in the December 23, 2020 Tentative Agenda, three items have been added to the agenda for the FCC’s consideration.
The agenda is as follows:
- PANEL ONE: The Commission will hear presentations from the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, International Bureau, Office of Engineering and Technology, and Office of Economics and Analytics.
- PANEL TWO: The Commission will hear presentations from the Wireline Competition Bureau and the Rural Broadband Auctions Task Force.
- PANEL THREE: The Commission will hear presentations from the Media Bureau and the Incentive Auction Task Force.
- PANEL FOUR: The Commission will hear presentations from the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, Enforcement Bureau, and Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau.
- PANEL FIVE: The Commission will hear presentations from the Office of Communications Business Opportunities, Office of Managing Director, and Office of General Counsel.
- Promoting Telehealth for Low-Income Consumers (WC Docket No. 18-213): The Commission will consider a Public Notice announcing the first round of selections for the Commission’s $100 million Connected Care Pilot Program to provide Universal Service Fund support for health care providers making connected care services available directly to patients, with an emphasis on serving veterans and low-income Americans.
- Expanding Flexible Use of the 12.2-12.7 GHz Band (WT Docket No. 20-443): The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to seek comment on whether to allow terrestrial flexible use (including mobile services) in the 12.2-12.7 GHz band (the 12 GHz band) without causing harmful interference to incumbent licensees. The Notice would seek input on possible methods for assigning new flexible-use rights while protecting incumbent users, and also on whether the costs of accommodating new services in the band would exceed the benefits.
- Competitive Bidding Procedures for Auction of 2.5 GHz Band Licenses (AU Docket No. 20-429): The Commission will consider a Public Notice to seek comment on competitive bidding procedures for Auction 108, an auction for flexible-use, geographic overlay licenses for counties with white spaces in the 2.5 GHz band.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.