On September 23, 2021, the FCC released the Agenda for the September Open Meeting, scheduled for September 30, 2021 at 10:30 AM. The Open Meeting will be held virtually online at www.fcc.gov/live and on the FCC’s YouTube page. One item has been added to the agenda, number nine below, since the release of the Tentative Agenda. The Agenda is as follows:
- Resilient Networks (PS Docket No. 21- 346); Amendments to Part 4 of the Commission’s Rules Concerning Disruptions to Communications (PS Docket No. 15-80); New Part 4 of the Commission’s Rules Concerning Disruptions to Communications (ET Docket No. 04-35) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to examine the Wireless Network Resiliency Cooperative Framework, the FCC’s network outage reporting rules, and strategies to address the effect of power outages on communications networks. (FACT SHEET)
- Reassessing 4.9 GHz Band for Public Safety (WP Docket No. 07-100) – The Commission will consider an Order on Reconsideration that would vacate the 2020 Sixth Report and Order, which adopted a state-by-state leasing framework for the 4.9 GHz (4940-4900 MHz) band. The Commission also will consider an Eighth Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would seek comment on a nationwide framework for the 4.9 GHz band, ways to foster greater public safety use, and ways to facilitate compatible non-public safety access to the band. (FACT SHEET)
- Authorizing 6 GHz Band Automated Frequency Coordination Systems (ET Docket No. 21-352) – The Commission will consider a Public Notice beginning the process for authorizing Automated Frequency Coordination Systems to govern the operation of standard-power devices in the 6 GHz band (5.925-7.125 GHz). (FACT SHEET)
- Spectrum Requirements for the Internet of Things (ET Docket No. 21-353) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on current and future spectrum needs to enable better connectivity relating to the Internet of Things (IoT). (FACT SHEET)
- Implementation of the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 (CG Docket No. 12-129); Enhancing Security of Public Safety Answering Point Communications (PS Docket No. 21-343) – The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to update the Commission’s rules regarding the implementation of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Do-Not-Call registry in order to protect PSAPs from unwanted robocalls. (FACT SHEET)
- Advanced Methods to Target and Eliminate Unlawful Robocalls (CG Docket No. 17- 59); Call Authentication Trust Anchor (WC Docket No. 17-97) – The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to impose obligations on gateway providers to help stop illegal robocalls originating abroad from reaching U.S. consumers and businesses. (FACT SHEET)
- Supporting Broadband for Tribal Libraries Through E-Rate (CC Docket No. 02-6) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to update sections 54.500 and 54.501(b)(1) of the Commission’s rules to amend the definition of library and to clarify Tribal libraries are eligible for support through the E-Rate Program. (FACT SHEET)
- Strengthening Security Review of Companies with Foreign Ownership (IB Docket No. 16-155) – The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order that would adopt Standard Questions – a baseline set of national security and law enforcement questions – that certain applicants with reportable foreign ownership must provide to the Executive Branch prior to or at the same time they file their applications with the Commission, thus expediting the Executive Branch’s review for national security and law enforcement concerns. (FACT SHEET)
- Protecting Consumers from SIM Swap and Port-Out Fraud (WC Docket No. 21-341) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to address SIMswapping and port-out fraud.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.