On November 30, 2022, the FCC released the Tentative Agenda for the December Open Meeting scheduled for December 21, 2022 at 10:30 AM. The following items are tentatively scheduled for Commission consideration:
- Preventing Digital Discrimination – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would take the next step in the Commission’s efforts to promote equal access to broadband by seeking comment on potential rules to address digital discrimination of access to broadband, consistent with Congress’s direction in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. (GN Docket No. 22-69) (FACT SHEET)
- Satellite Application Processing – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on changes to its rules, policies, or practices to facilitate the acceptance for filing of satellite and earth station applications under Part 25 to help Commission processing stay apace with the number of innovative satellite applications in the new space age. (IB Docket No. 22-411, 22-271) (FACT SHEET)
- Improving Wireless 911 Call Routing – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding a proposal to require wireless carriers and covered text providers to implement location-based routing on their networks in order to reduce misrouting of wireless 911 calls and texts and improve emergency response times. (PS Docket No. 18-64) (FACT SHEET)
- Improving Accessible Phone Services – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Order on Reconsideration to propose Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) Fund compensation for Internet Protocol Captioned Telephone Service (IP CTS), propose a technical amendment to the compensation formula for Internet Protocol Relay Service (IP Relay), and resolve petitions for reconsideration of a prior order setting IP CTS compensation. (CG Docket Nos. 22-408, 03-123, 13-24) (FACT SHEET)
- Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
Charwoman Rosenworcel also released a blog post on the upcoming meeting.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.