On December 14, 2022, the FCC released the Agenda for the December Open Meeting scheduled for December 21, 2022 at 10:30 AM. The meeting can be viewed in person at the FCC’s headquarters or streamed online at www.fcc.gov/live and on the FCC’s YouTube channel. The following items are scheduled for Commission consideration:
- Preventing Digital Discrimination (GN Docket No. 22-69) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would take the next step in the Commission’s efforts to promote equal access to broadband by seeking comment on potential rules to address digital discrimination of access to broadband, consistent with Congress’s direction in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. (FACT SHEET)
- Satellite Application Processing (IB Docket No. 22-411, 22-271) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on changes to its rules, policies, or practices to facilitate the acceptance for filing of satellite and earth station applications under Part 25 to help Commission processing stay apace with the number of innovative satellite applications in the new space age. (FACT SHEET)
- Improving Wireless 911 Call Routing (PS Docket No. 18-64) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding a proposal to require wireless carriers and covered text providers to implement location-based routing on their networks in order to reduce misrouting of wireless 911 calls and texts and improve emergency response times. (FACT SHEET)
- Improving Accessible Phone Services (CG Docket Nos. 22-408, 03-123, 13-24) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Order on Reconsideration to propose Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) Fund compensation for Internet Protocol Captioned Telephone Service (IP CTS), propose a technical amendment to the compensation formula for Internet Protocol Relay Service (IP Relay), and resolve petitions for reconsideration of a prior order setting IP CTS compensation. (FACT SHEET)
- Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.